Friday, September 11, 2026

Basic Lighting & Materials

 










 
 
 The assignment this time around was easy enough, provided a scene, light it to whatever theme/time of day you and make sure to use a custom material to alter a brought in asset.
 
Now my thought process is very much "see how it goes when we get there". I kid you not, I was making the material for the crate and I decided I wanted a cool hole portal thing that reveals a little monster hiding behind it. From that one thing alone I decided this whole place was plunged into a sort of eldritch storm. I made a MI for the volumetric clouds so I could access all the storm parameters get some lightning going. I lowered the brightness of my directional light and tightened the exposure on the post process volume to make the scene darker and storm like. Past that it was just a matter of putting lights on all the lamps and what not. Oh and I made a material for the wood in the fire place. Nothing too fancy, just a noise mask that I put a glow on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animation State Machines

  I got both the model and all the used animations from Mixamo. I used a simple UE5 blend space to combine the three animations so that they...