Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Meteor Shower


 

A simple attack effect that calls meteors to rain from the sky. Runic circles are "summoned" to bring these projectiles into place. With this effect, I wanted to learn how to spawn and use decals in my effects in order to take them to a higher level. Can't have fire without some scorch marks right? I also wanted to continue doing work that went along with some kind of animation as so much of VFX is intertwined with the animation of a character or object.

 Another huge focus for me with this effect was actually the ribbon of the meteors themselves. Learning how to make not only a custom material that would match the effect I wanted, but also having that material applies to a ribbon was new ground for me. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ice Attack

  A ground attack is something I have seen is just about every piece of media that I have ever come into contact with and I really wanted to...